Thursday 10 January 2008

My Eee Review

My white 4G EeePc arrived this evening after a long day of waiting.
First thing I did was void the warranty to check to see if I have the mini PCIe missing, my serial begins with 7c and I do have the mini PCIe missing which is a great shame.


In the box, it contained:
The EeePc
Quick Start guide
Charger
Manual
Warranty card
Carry case
Restore disc


My first impressions is the mere size, I know its only a 7inch laptop but it really is tiny, its light which makes it great for traveling around especially at University. The keyboard takes some getting use to and I often find myself either bashing the wrong key or missing it totally. The quality of the webcam is actually pretty good for 0.3MP and the sound is also just as high quality.


The Operating System installed is easy to use and includes such applications like pidgin, firefox, skype, open office and Google docs. I am currently using a 1GB SD card and it works fine. Going to try installing XP in a few days time once I have played around with it some more and waiting for 1GB of memory to arrive for it.


The eeePC compared to an Advent 15.4 laptop, HP 12.1 laptop and a HP Compaq pda.

Overall a great machine and I am going to get back to playing with it. I highly recommend one if you are considering it.

No comments: